Now that it is officially summer and FOOD, Inc. has just been released to theaters (and everyone who has seen it won’t ever eat commercial agriculture again), I would like to talk about Care2′s Love Your Farmers Market Contest.
Care2, a socially conscious online network with over 11.1 million members, is giving you and your farmers market a chance to hit the green.
By visiting the contest, voting up your fav farmers market and recruiting your friends, your farmers market could win $5,000.
The 10 top recruiters will win $50 cash prizes and each week a random market will get $250.
Here are the current leaders:
Durham Farmers Market
Hyde Park Farmers’ Market
Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
San Francisco, CA
Burlington Farmers Market
Union Square Greenmarket
New York, NY
This summer, supporting Old MacDonald will not only give you great local organic foods and better health, but possibly put another kind of green in your back pocket.
Find your local farmers markets at LocalHarvest.org.
- Care2′s mission is to help people make the world a better place by connecting them with the individuals, organizations and responsible businesses making an impact.
- Organization Type: Private
- Website: www.care2.com
- Founder(s): Randy Paynter
- Founded: 1998
- Location: Redwood City, California, United States
- See complete company list here