Better World Books, BusinessWeek’s most promising social entrepreneur, is giving away free books for a year to one lucky Twitter user. The contest is called the Year of Books and will select ten random winners who complete the following steps:
- Follow @BWBooks on Twitter.
- Tweet the following:
I just entered the @BWBooks “Year of Books” Contest. I can win a year’s supply of books (and more)! (http://bit.ly/yearofbooks) #bwbcontest
The randomly-selected first place winner will receive:
- Free books for a year: This will be in the form of one $20 gift certificate code emailed once a month. You can use this toward anything we sell on the website, including the Bargain Bin (Since the Bin allows you to get 5 books for $15, you could get 80 Bargain Bin books over the course of the year!).
- Tote bag: This is how you carry your plethora of books. It’s sturdy, structurally sound, and reduces arm-strain.
- Better World Books t-shirt: Your choice of our “Please Read Responsibly” or “Well Read” shirts in mens or ladies. This covers your body while you read your plethora of books, and protects you from drafts of cold air.
The next nine runners up will receive:
- One $10 gift certificate
- Tote bag
- Better World Books t-shirt
*The contest ends Friday, August 7th, at 11:59:59 PM, Pacific Time, so get your reading glasses on ASAP!
- Better World Books collects and sells books online to fund literacy initiatives worldwide. With more than two million new and used titles in stock, we’re a self-sustaining, triple-bottom-line company that creates social, economic and environmental value for all our stakeholders.
- Organization Type: B Corporation
- Website: www.betterworldbooks.com
- Founder(s): Xavier Helgesen, Chris “Kreece” Fuchs, Jeff Kurtzman
- Founded: 2002
- Location: Mishawaka, Indiana, United States
- See complete company list here